Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education
The Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education was established through a legislation under the Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education Act, 1975. It is responsible for conducting Class 10 and Class 12 examinations.
Functions of JKBOSE
- Conduct public examinations of secondary and higher secondary classes
- Prepare and publish results of examinations
- Grant diplomas and certificates
- Prescribe the courses of instruction, scheme of studies, prepare syllabi, curriculum and textbooks for the School Education as per National Policy on Education
- Print and supply textbooks to the School Education Department
- Provide education through State Open School under open distance learning (ODL) mode for those who have missed formal schooling
- Award medals and prizes to meritorious students in public examinations
- Grant affiliation to private (secondary and higher secondary) schools
- Implement National Sponsored Schemes like Adolescence Education Programme, NTSE/NMMS, Scholarships, National Achievement Survey, etc
To enable students throughout Jammu and Kashmir State to realize their full potential.
Scholarships Given by JKBOSE
NMMS (National Means cum Merit Scholarship)
The objective of the scheme is to award Scholarship to meritorious students studying in Government Schools only and to economically weaker sections and reserved category students of the society studying in class VIII and to encourage them to continue their studies.
NTSE ( National Talent Search Examination)
NTSE is flagship activity of NCERT, New Delhi aimed at identifying talent at a very young age.
INSPIRE ( Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research)
Performance in top 1% in class XII J&K BOSE Examination and enrolment into education in Basic and Natural Science courses at B.Sc/Integrated M.Sc or Ms levels, qualify automatically qualify for scholarship for Higher education of Govt. of India (GOI) valued @ 80,000 per year for five years.
Centre Sector Scholarship Scheme (CSSS)
The Department of Higher Eduction has introduced a new scheme for meritorious students from low income families going to College/universities for implementation during the XI Five Year Plan period with an approved outlay of Rs. 1000 crore.
New Campus, Bemina, 190010
Rehari Colony Jammu, 18000