Central University of Kashmir
Formerly known as the Central University of Jammu and Kashmir, Central University of Kashmir was established in March 2009 with the appointment and joining of Prof. Abdul Wahid Qureshi , a noted academician and the former Vice Chancellor of University of Kashmir, as the First Vice Chancellor.
MBA, M.Sc I.T & M.A.English programmes were first introduced followed by Masters programmes Economics, Mathematics, Convergent Journalism and one Integrated BALLB programme in 2011.
Three more Masters programmes Urdu, Education and Tourism Management were launched for Academic Session 2012.
Objectives of Central University of Kashmir
- To disseminate and advance Knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as the University may deem fit;
- To make special provisions for integrated courses in Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Technology in its educational programmes;
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching - learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research.
- To educate and train manpower for the development of the country;
- To establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology, and
- To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.
Mission of Central University of Kashmir
The mission of the University is to contribute to the educational, cultural, economic & social advancement of people providing high quality educational programmes leading to Bachelors, Masters, Professional and Doctorate Degrees as well as to address the cultural, economic, educational, environmental, health and social needs of the region and nation at large.
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Business Studies
- School of Education
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Legal Studies
- School of Languages
- School of Physical & Chemical Sciences
- School of Media Studies
Admission in Central University of Kashmir
- Opening of online application form for all programmes 19th Feb, 2018
- Closing on online application for all programmes 26 March, 2018
- Last date to accept the fee through challan generated upto 24:00 hrs
- on 26th March, 2018
- 27th March, 2018
- Issue of Admit cards 13th April, 2018
- Exam Dates 28 & 29 April, 2018
- Answer key upload 30th April, 2018
- Grievances, if any, upto 05.00 pm on 02 May, 2018
- Corrected Answer Key ready 09 May, 2018
- Result Declaration 25 May, 2018
Nowgam Campus-II, (Near Puhroo Chowk,Nowgam ByePass),
190015 Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.
Fax. No: 0194-2315271,0194-2315371